● Term refers to the process of shaping the manner of the model and the materials used.
●conveys the broader term meaning, often including the molding process, the method of introducing the metal into the mold cavity, or every process used in making the solutions.
● Molding processes have certain features in common.
1) The use pattern.
2) Some type of mixture comprising refractory granular aggregate and binders.
3) formation means the aggregate mixture around the pattern.
4) development of hardening of the aggregate or a bond with us in contact with the pattern.
5) withdraw the pattern of the hardened aggregate model.
6) Assembly of mold and mold core to complete pieces, metals are then poured into the mold.
DESIGNATION PROCESSES MOLDING
Molding processes can be classified in several ways. Generally they are classified either based on the method used or a material model used.
(i) Classification based on the model used materials:
(a) molding Sand:
2. Dry sand mold,
- Skin dried mold.
3. Cement bonded sand mold
4. Carbon dioxide mold.
5. Shell mold.
(b) plaster molding,
(c) Metallic shape.
(ii) Classification based on the method used
(a) molding bench.
(b) Floor shape,
(c) Pit shape.
(d) Molding Machine.